Your hinged floorplate may pop out after fire if it is not adjusted properly. The floorplate can be adjusted in or out using the adjustment screw located on the release lever. Turn the firearm upside-down with the muzzle facing away from you. Using the adjustment screw, adjust the floorplate until it is flush with the hinged floorplate frame, then turn the adjustment screw approximately 1/4 turn counter clockwise. This will adjust the floorplate out from the frame slightly. When finished you should have about a 1/4 inch of play when you push in on the rear of the floorplate, if adjusted properly.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?