17HMR and 17HM2 are not the same caliber. The 17HMR is a magnum caliber and the 17HM2 is a 22LR necked down. You should never use a 17HMR round in a 17HM2 firearm or vise versa. You should only fire the caliber that is stamped on your firearm's barrel.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?