The hinged floorplate and detachable magazine come standard on certain Savage models. If you have an internal magazine with the new centerline feeding system, you have the option of converting your feeding setup to the hinged floorplate or detachable magazine. However, the older models with the staggered feeding system can not be converted without remachining the receiver which is not a service that Savage performs.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?