The bolt assemblies on our centerfire and rimfire models are designed so that they do not have to be broken down and cleaned. A light coat of oil on the outside of the bolt is sufficient for maintenance of the bolt. If, for some reason, the bolt must be disassembled for repair, Savage recommends that it be done by a licensed gunsmith who is familiar with the product.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?