The stock may not be flush to the bottom of the receiver while trying to install the rear action screw. Hold the stock up from the bottom if necessary while installing the rear action screw. Start threading the rear action screw by hand. Once the threads are engaged, tighten the screw to 40 inch pounds.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?