The grey dot is the rear part of the recoil assembly. If it is not visible through the rear of the dust cover, either the recoil assembly or the dust cover has been installed incorrectly. DO NOT shoot the gun until this has been corrected (see pages 17 and 18 in the INSTRUCTION MANUAL).
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?