When a primer is fired, the flame travels unrestricted through the breech plug until it reaches the vent liner. The vent liner takes the flame and focuses it down into the powder charge. Rather than having to replace the breech plug due to the erosion caused by repeated firings, the vent liner has been designed as a separate piece, easily replaceable and obtainable through Savage Arms' parts department.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?