Savage does not allow smokeless powder with anything heavier than 300 grain saboted bullets, period. Sorry, that's the rules, and if you want to ignore manufacturer's recommendations and warnings that's up to you-- but now you're on your own. It's 250 - 300 grain saboted bullets with smokeless. If you want heavier bullets (and of course the recoil) use Western Powders Blackhorn 209.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?